Update:


In case you haven't noticed, there is an additional child in our family photo. I would like you all to meet the newest member of our family. She is the pretty little 7 year old in the purple dress. "Eloise" now has a little sister. We have decided to call her, "Amelia Bedelia".

Thursday, March 25, 2010

I Love This Job....


We are a busy church, so we all wear a lot of hats.
Some tasks are not so exciting, but oh so necessary (i.e. toilet cleaner),
but some of my jobs are just plain fun.
When we have guest ministers, I get to shop and put together little goody baskets.
I love the challenge of finding items that suit the guest, don't break the budget, and look pretty together.
Every set is similar in that I always try to incorporate
some edibles & a few gift items, but I strive to make each unique.


I like to find containers that are appealing and useful.
This grouping incorporates a salad bowl and tosser set made of acacia wood.
There is a glare, so it is hard to see the rich colors.
I chose a dark brown (almost black) ribbon with a scroll design to echo the color of the peppercorns and accent our church's beautiful cookbook.
These will be wrapped with clear cellophane with a bow, but I opted to take pics before so that you could examine the contents.

I hope Bro. & Sis ??? (it's a secret) like their gifts.
I recruited special agents to gather info.
The mystery couple will be here this weekend
to preach our Bishops 30th Pastoral Anniversary Service.

Oh, skinkles and drinkles this is almost as fun as Christmas!

3 comments:

Betsy said...

And you do a wonderful job!!!


Beppi

wvugrads said...

I know who it is! :) Beautiful job.

~Kelly~

The B's said...

I'm SO glad to get back to the computer and see what you've been up to! What a talented girl you are with those baskets of goodies; the guests are going to be so spoiled!

Thinking of you often,
me =)