Update:


In case you haven't noticed, there is an additional child in our family photo. I would like you all to meet the newest member of our family. She is the pretty little 7 year old in the purple dress. "Eloise" now has a little sister. We have decided to call her, "Amelia Bedelia".

Sunday, July 5, 2009

What a week.....



This past week we attended Camp Meeting.


It was wonderful.


On Friday night we all cheered as Brother Fason got up and pushed his wheel chair across the front of the sanctuary and his wife and teen aged daughter looked on with tears in their eyes. Word quickly spread to the children's church and Eloise came running to witness the miracle. Unfortunately the crowd was so thick I couldn't get a picture, but I did manage to get this dark photo(above) of some of the praise singers from our church and the tail end of the crowd that was following Bro. Fason.






I was raised an only child and I have an only child, so for me it is always exciting when we get to hang out with all of our friends who have several kiddos. All week wherever we went to eat our group took up a major portion of the dining area. There were also large groups of friends from other churches that took up the rest of the seats.





Eloise made lots of friends from all over the place. The two girls on the right are friends she met at Junior Camp. Come to find out, their mother attended camp as a teenager with sister Terri. They realized it after only a few minutes of conversation. It truly is a small world.





We did hair styles and matching outfits.





We played with babies.











The girls started the sister Melody fan club.





I must mention that the Banana Pudding Pie that you see in the picture below was delicious!




I almost forgot to get someone to take a photo of all of us so that I could prove that I actually went on this trip. LOL






On the way home from Mississippi, we stopped in at Plain Old Kristi's place for a 4th of July get together.





These two pictures (above & below) are of two of my "adopted" nieces and a friend.

Yes....those are soda bottles.








I forgot my manners and took a bite out of the brisket before I took this picture. All was delicious, but I really enjoyed Byron's mushrooms and Kristi's salad with pecans, cheese, heirloom tomatoes and her home made blackberry dressing.






After Lord Byron and Allen of Electrical put on an amazing display of pyro-technics we all went our separate ways and went to sleep.


THE END.

4 comments:

JeanSkirtGirl said...

yes we had fun love the pic love carmencita

meboo said...

It was wonderful. I cannot believe that you forgot to mention the freedom dancers and singers, or did you miss that. Talia and Lil' Leona performed a wonderful freedom dance for us and we were seranaded by the children singing, America the Beautiful, God Bless the USA, Yankie Doodle Dandy,and many other American songs. Happy Birthday to the Greatest Country of the Face of the Earth!

Mama B said...

Looks like you guys had a smashing time!!! I love the picture of the baby girl in the sundress with the white, green, and blue stripes ~ my daughter has one just like it, and they even look a little alike! ha ha

Happy, happy 4th!!!

Kristi said...

Whoo Hoo!!! I feel like I skidded into the end of that week sideways with a glass of chardonney (I know I didn't spell that right) in one hand and a chocolate bar in the other yelling whoo hoo hoo!!! what a ride! (thanks to Tiffany for the imagery)