Update:


In case you haven't noticed, there is an additional child in our family photo. I would like you all to meet the newest member of our family. She is the pretty little 7 year old in the purple dress. "Eloise" now has a little sister. We have decided to call her, "Amelia Bedelia".

Monday, January 5, 2009

Adventures in sewing......

I finally got a chance to play with my Christmas present. I tried to sew a little before the storm, but the only things I was successful with were skirts and curtains with straight lines. I must admit that I am quite proud of myself. Tiff, I'm sure you remember going to the fabric store with me because I didn't even know how to read a pattern. It's not perfect, but Eloise loves it and I only paid about $2 for this fabric scrap. It wasn't cheap though it was definitely a labor of love. I'm sure the next project will go a little faster now that I've sort of figured out how to read patterns a little bit. By the way, Carmacita wanted everyone to know that she helped me cut out the flowers for the top.
Well any way I'm worn out now so I'm going to bed.
LOVE & PRAYERS
FROM
this seamstress in the making!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Adorable!! Looks like it was sewn by a pro! I remember that fabric trip. Was that the time we were almost late for dinner? No wait...that was when it was your turn to cook and we were hunting down stuff for Bananas Foster. lol! And then there was the trip to the airport when we were yakking and missed the exit and had to go clear across that bridge! Did I actually do any work or just run around playing the whole time?? Haha! Carmencita, those are some awesome lil flowers!