Update:


In case you haven't noticed, there is an additional child in our family photo. I would like you all to meet the newest member of our family. She is the pretty little 7 year old in the purple dress. "Eloise" now has a little sister. We have decided to call her, "Amelia Bedelia".

Sunday, February 10, 2008

My Mini Missionaries


Today in Sunday Shool we had a Valentines/Chinese New Year/Missionary party. Kindergarteners love parties. We ate snacks, passed out Valentines, chocolates, and fortune cookies. My daughter wore one of her Asian outfits. I discussed the sacrifices that missionaries make when they move to places like China. My sister and brother in law visited the class and handed out red envelopes with a little cash in them. This is a Chinese tradition. It is believed that nobody should start off the new year broke. Married people are supposed to give to all the children (friend or relative not yet married.) I absolutely loved this tradition..... till I got married!

No comments: