Update:


In case you haven't noticed, there is an additional child in our family photo. I would like you all to meet the newest member of our family. She is the pretty little 7 year old in the purple dress. "Eloise" now has a little sister. We have decided to call her, "Amelia Bedelia".

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Let's Not Sugar Coat This




I have recently received the kitchen of my dreams. Since we lost everything in hurricane Katrina my husband and I decided to rebuild our home around our kitchen. I love to cook and the kitchen is where everyone seems to congregate any way. We put a large portion of our money into appliances. I now have three ovens(I'm thinking holidays.) My first entertaining opportunity arises. My parents 25th Anniversary(I'm thinking order a cake.) My husband says,"order a cake...are you crazy?" then he turns to me and says,"I bought you three ovens. USE THEM!" I have to admit I have always wanted to learn, but a 25th isn't the time to practice! Well with a little help from Wilton and the Lord we did it. I surprised myself. Since then I have done 2 shower cakes and a Birthday cake. It is a lot...lot....lot...of work, but I enjoy it.































































2 comments:

Ginger said...

Hey Miss Riya,

I'm excited about you blogging this should be fun!

Kristi said...

Hi Miss Riya,

Your cakes are beautiful. Welcome aboard.

XOXO Kristi