Update:


In case you haven't noticed, there is an additional child in our family photo. I would like you all to meet the newest member of our family. She is the pretty little 7 year old in the purple dress. "Eloise" now has a little sister. We have decided to call her, "Amelia Bedelia".

Monday, May 31, 2010

Home Is Where The Art Is.....

We recently purchaseda sculpting kit from Sam's.
The kit contained cogs and bendable rods to create forms.
It also provided 4 shades of non-drying clay, as well as an informative instruction book, that demonstrates how to form a bust, and a few other types of sculptures.
Eloise can sculpt and resculpt to her hearts content.
All of this was only $8.88.

This is Eloise's first attempt.
It took her 2 hours, but I think it will go much faster, now that she knows how to create the form.


While Eloise was working on her project, I was busy finishing up the one I started a couple of months ago.
It took me so long, because I feel guilty about having fun if all of my household duties are not finished.
The above is a picture of the first item that will be placed in Eloise's hope chest when her father presents it to her on her 10th birthday. The apron swallows her now, but in time it should fit her just right.



Here is an up close shot of me, so you can see what it will looks like on an adult.
Also, you can click on the image to get a closer look at the fabric.

I'm so glad that God has given me a wonderful family and the gift of creativity.




3 comments:

Kristi said...

Beautiful! Both the apron and the bust.

Kristi

megan elizabeth said...

Hey, you finally finished the apron! It looks great, and so does the sculpture. Tell Jenna I said she is quite the little artist!

Miss Riya said...

Kristi- Thanks!
Megan- will do.