Update:


In case you haven't noticed, there is an additional child in our family photo. I would like you all to meet the newest member of our family. She is the pretty little 7 year old in the purple dress. "Eloise" now has a little sister. We have decided to call her, "Amelia Bedelia".

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Jogging Suit Makeover....

While I was temporarily a member of the Eva Alabama church during our escape from Katrina, I noticed that several of the sisters had really snazzy jogging suits. When I enquired about them I was told that they were converted pant suits. To that point I had seen converted pants, but they all had the little triangle piece added to the front and back. These skirts had straight seems and were slightly A-line for mobility.
After trying to remember the instructions I went to the Family Dollar and purchased a jacket in my size and a pair of pants that were two sizes too big.
I cut all of the pant seems apart, turned the now open leg pieces upside down, and twisted them sideways.
The ankles became the beginnings of a waist and the side seems became the front seems.
I cut about 7 inches off of the waist, hemmed it(that became the bottom).
I added a piece of elastic at the top and then sewed up the sides.

4 comments:

JeanSkirtGirl said...

very cool sister moria love
yours carmencita

meboo said...

I could use a few outfits like that for school, especially on those cold early mornings.

Tiff said...

If I remember right scrub pants don't have a side seam either. Which means I can convert hospital scrubs rather than making skirts from scratch and having to match the fabric! Hmmmm....

Egghead said...

Very clever girl you are.