Update:


In case you haven't noticed, there is an additional child in our family photo. I would like you all to meet the newest member of our family. She is the pretty little 7 year old in the purple dress. "Eloise" now has a little sister. We have decided to call her, "Amelia Bedelia".

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Visiting & Being Visited

My apologies for being slack concerning this blog! I have been a little busier than I thought I would be this time of year. My cousin just had a major change in life plans and has decided to move down here. She has been staying with me for almost two weeks now. I have been driving her around trying to get her situated (job interviews etc...) Another reason I haven't posted is my Mother. She went in to the hospital late Sunday night and is still there. The doctors are pumping her full of meds, but really aren't sure what is causing the problem. We sat by her bed for most of the day yesterday. I studied for my PRAXIS II and my daughter did her Summer Bridge activities and read stories to her Gran. I informed everyone that I will be leaving town soon if they don't stop all of this! LOL! I don't know how much more I can take. My mother-in-law is doing ok she just has to go to a lot of check ups due to the treatments she had to take for breast cancer, my father-in-law is recovering nicely from open heart surgery, my Father is being treated for kidney stones and a cyst on his kidney, and my Mom is in the hospital for God-only-knows what! Maybe I should be going to school for nursing instead of teaching! ;-p P.S. My daughter & friends recently won 1st place in our church talent show for their age group. The pics are on her blog.


This is my cousin.
My Mom doesn't do pictures...
especially when ill !!!

4 comments:

Betsy said...

I knew you were busy...but glad you got around to posting again....that is a really good picture of Chancy....I asked Jenna last night what was wrong with your mom and she told me her blood pressure was really high....we will be praying for her...tell her.

http://thehandmadedress.blogspot.com/
here is a blog you might enjoy...please dont try to tackle sewing....just enjoy the pictures.....love ya

Tiffany said...

Aww hon! You do need a nursing student, I agree! I'll be right over. Be a dear and google me a place for cheap gas though, k? lol!

As far as the background goes, want me to work on it for you? Ya trust me with your password?? hehe! Seriously though, let me know. You still got my email address? I don't think I saved yours. :( HTML is funny, one misplaced space and the whole thing falls apart.

The blog roll is a widget of it's own (as in not the links widget). Go to customize on your blue bar and then click on "add element". Pick the one that says "blog list" and the rest should be self explanatory. :) I didn't re-add all of mine, just the ones I stalk because I'm too lazy to type all the URLs in to see if there are new posts. I did it that way purely because it was convenient for me. LOL!

JeanSkirtGirl said...

hey while you look good chancy!! I love your picture!!! I will be praying for her o0ok and you sister moria

love ya sweet hart!!

love carmen

Joanna RawTn said...

Wow, I will be praying for all your folks! That is quite a bit to be tackling at one time!

HOpe school is going well for you also.

Take care.

BTW< Loved the pie photo! Yummy