Update:


In case you haven't noticed, there is an additional child in our family photo. I would like you all to meet the newest member of our family. She is the pretty little 7 year old in the purple dress. "Eloise" now has a little sister. We have decided to call her, "Amelia Bedelia".

Friday, March 21, 2008

Little Workshop...Big Success!

One assignment for my teaching degree was to organize and implement a group student activity. For some reason I don't know how to take baby steps. My husband asked me if I had lost my mind when I came up with this idea. I believe his exact words were"250 little kids with hammers!?!.......Ok.....alright I'll see what I can do." I was a nervous wreck because I wasn't really sure I could pull it off, but with a little help from a few people it was a huge success. Home Depot donated volunteers, tools, aprons and supplies. The local High school obtained permission for 33 of their students to be bussed to the elementary school to assist the children with their projects. It was noisy, but everything ran smoothly and on schedule. The high school kids had to be in and out in two hours! Teachers, Big kids, & Little kids were all smiles. I had the biggest smile of all because I managed to have fun while earning valuable experience for my teaching portfolio.











No comments: