Update:


In case you haven't noticed, there is an additional child in our family photo. I would like you all to meet the newest member of our family. She is the pretty little 7 year old in the purple dress. "Eloise" now has a little sister. We have decided to call her, "Amelia Bedelia".

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Oh So Tempting...

 One of our friends went to work
 "down the road".
He was given some freshly caught shrimp.
He texted to make a deal.
He would share his shrimp if I would cook them.
 He requested a fried shrimp po-boy,
so I dredged them in flour with spices,
then in an egg-milk mixture.
After the egg, 
I ran them through some bread crumbs.
 I fried them in peanut oil
and drained the excess oil on paper towels.
Our guest was then able to dress
 and eat his sandwich.
You will be proud to know that
I was a good girl.
I grilled my shrimp in olive oil 
with asparagus, garlic, peppers, and herbs.
I did splurge a tiny bit though.
I added a teaspoon of butter to the pan
at the end of the cooking process. 

No comments: