Update:


In case you haven't noticed, there is an additional child in our family photo. I would like you all to meet the newest member of our family. She is the pretty little 7 year old in the purple dress. "Eloise" now has a little sister. We have decided to call her, "Amelia Bedelia".

Friday, December 25, 2009

Oh What Fun...

Christmas day began with an early morning run to the stockings.
Instead of the usual candy and trinkets, Eloise found a small gift and a post-it-note, that began a scavenger hunt that eventually led her to her big present.

Hubby had so much fun watching his plan unfold.


He almost couldn't contain himself.






Thanks to my husbands co-worker we were able to get our daughter a great present at a fraction of the original cost. With this "Kindle" our daughter can carry an entire library around with her. Her Daddy pre-loaded it with 50 free e-books (mainly classics like "White Fang" & "Little Women") which might last her a couple of weeks. I'm not kidding. I put this kid in the basket with a pillow and three Nancy Drew books when I go to Wally World and by the time I'm ready to check out she has finished them all. This gift is going to save us from having to buy more bookshelves. Another bonus is that my husband downloaded the entire Bible to it.



After taking a quick run to a neighboring state to visit relatives, Eloise came home so we could go to my sister's house for a Christmas/1st Birthday party.




HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS
&
TOO TOO!
Merry Christmas to all & to all a good night.

3 comments:

The B's said...

A merry Christmas to you and yours! Looks like it was a lovely day, and how cute is that little birthday girl?!?!

~Kimberly~ said...

I was going to ask the same of you about your blog...and I almost picked your background. When I was looking to change mine I saw the same one and chose another...lol. That's funny.

I was going to ask about linking to yours from my blog page, 'K?

Let me know what you think.

Blessings to you and yours!
~Kimi

Egghead said...

I remember doing a scavenger hunt for my son one Christmas only he was in high school. But no matter he had a blast going from place to place. It was really fun. It looks like Eloise loves her gift. What a great Christmas she had.