Update:


In case you haven't noticed, there is an additional child in our family photo. I would like you all to meet the newest member of our family. She is the pretty little 7 year old in the purple dress. "Eloise" now has a little sister. We have decided to call her, "Amelia Bedelia".

Monday, March 9, 2009

HOMEWORK BREAK !

It is almost 1:00 am and I had to take a mental break for just a minute. I have been swimming in technical jargon for the past few days. Schemata and graphophonemic cues will have to step aside and make way for important texts like LOL and TTFN! The picture above is of a quilt square my husband and I made for my Children's Literature class. The woman depicted in the top left was the children's lit teacher at the University of New Orleans for many years. She was also a children's book author. Since she has passed the current teacher thought it would be nice to make a quilt in her honor to be displayed at another college that the late Ms. Salley was active in supporting.
*This is the only assignment that I have enjoyed doing this semester.*
Well I guess I have dallied long enough...back to my essay.
TTFN!
;-)

2 comments:

Mama B said...

Oh, I'm so glad you took a little break; my mind goes numb just reading your technical words. =) Great quilt square, too!

Thinking of you as you continue your work. Blessings!

Me =)

Egghead said...

I am so impressed with this quilt square. You are so talented.